1.22.2008

Kelly and I went with about 20 people to Mammoth this weekend. It was a blast. The first day we went sledding and unfortunately Kelly took a spill and got her leg tangled in another person. She has not been to the doctor yet but basically her knee is swollen and she can't walk on it. Hopefully it is nothing significant as far as ligaments are concerned. Unfortunately, due to the injury, she was unable to join me on the mountain the next day for skiing and snowboarding. I had a good time though. I went to the top of the mountain and the 70 mph winds blew so hard at one point that it literally knocked me over. I had a good time (it would have been a blast if Kelly was with me). However, my sad realization is that my two separate injuries to my knee has basically let me with severe arthritis already. After a day of snowboarding I could hardly walk on it, so Kelly and I made quite the dramatic pair. Bummer, are my days of snowboarding coming to an end (yes, high school football, being my fondest memories of those 4 years, was worth it)? I did not have my camera so these are a few our friend shared with us. Despite the sore knees, Kelly and I had a great time. It was capped off with a beautiful snow on Sunday night.
A beautiful frozen lake.


Kelly before her "final" run on "Dead Man's Hill." Seriously, thats what it is called because it is about a 50-60 degree run that is probalby 100-120 ft long.


Kelly still has a smile on her face despite knowing that she was hobbled and unable to join me on the mountain.

2 comments:

Patty said...

Wow those pictures are beautiful! I am sorry abouth the knee stuff! I will have to call and see how Kelly is doing!

Diane said...

Oh man, I am so sorry. I hope Kelly is healing.

As for your knees, I guess we can hope you still value the trade off of knees for high school football 20 years from now when you are dealing with the injury. Oops! Do I sound mean? I do hope you heal also, of course. Love you both.